NOTE:- THIS PRODUCT IS INCLUSIVE OF 5% GST.
NAME OF MEDICINE :- KUTJARISHTA
CLASSICAL REFRENCE :- Bhaishajyaratanavali-Atisararogachikitsa
FORMULATION COMPOSITION :-
Each 15 ml. contains:
Kutaja chhal (Halorrhena antidy-sentrica)-1part, Draksha (Vitis vinifera)-0.5parts, Madhukapushpa (Madhuca indica)-0.1part, Gambhari chhal (Gmelina arborea)-0.1 part, water for decoction-Q.S. (as per text reference), Reduced to-Q.S. (as per text reference), Guda (Jaggery)-2.60 parts, Dhataki pushpa (Woodfordia fruticosa)-0.04 parts.
Prepared and retained as per Asava-Arishta nirmana vidhi.
METHOD OF PREPARATION :-
- Calculate the quantity of the drugs mentioned under KUTJARISHTA in AFI-I (1:11) and as per master formulary record of the pharmacy for the required batch and quantity.
- Accurately weigh the tested drugs from the raw material store, clean them and then pass through 20 and 30 mesh to discard foreign materials.Now again weigh the drugs and adjust their weight loss according to master formula.
- Clean the Pulveriser as per SCP (Standard Cleaning Procedure).
- Coarsely powder the drugs and pass all the drugs through shifter.Boil the drugs and filter through muslin cloth.
- Clean the wooden fermentor with hot and cold water repeatedly 5 to 6 times with nylon brush and proceed as per SCP & tag it with its status.
- Filterate is then kept in the fermentor as per formulation.
- The remaining drugs are then powdered very finely and added to fermentor as per text.
- Maintain the room temperature from 25°C to 40°C for few days (minimum 40 days or till the fermentation process is completed).
- Take a sample for testing and after testing the batch for filling, filter the clear upper portion of the liquid and reject the lower 10 litre of the liquid.
- Seal and label the liquid in well cleaned bottles as per GMP mentioned in D & C Act 1940 and the rules made there under.
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS :-
a.)Colour:- Redish black
c.)Smell:- Herbal fragrance with aromatic smell
15 to 30 ml. or as directed by the physician.
THERAPEUTIC USE :-
Useful in chronic diarrhoea, dysentary, sprue, all types of worms, anorexia & all other digestive disorders etc.
To be taken with equal quantity of water half an hour after meals twice daily or as directed by the physician.