NOTE:- THIS PRODUCT IS INCLUSIVE OF 5% GST.
NAME OF MEDICINE :- DRAKSHASAVA
CLASSICAL REFRENCE :- Yogratnakara-Rajyakshmarogadhikara.
FORMULATION COMPOSITION :-
Each 15 ml. contains:
Draksha (Vitis vinifera)-1part, Water for decoction-Q.S. (as per text reference), Reduced to-Q.S. (as per text reference), Guda (Jaggery)-4.90 parts, Jatiphala (Myristica fragrans), Lavanga (Syzygium aromaticus), Sheetal chini (Piper cubeba), Rakta Chandan (Pterocarpus santalinus), Pippali (Piper longum), Dalchini (Cinnamum zeylanicum), Tej patra (Cinnamum inners), Vidanga (Embelia ribes), Priyangu (Callicarpa macrophylla), Sukshamaila (Elettaria cardamum), Nagkeshara (Mesua ferrea)-0.005 parts, Dhataki (Woodfordia fruticosa)-0.6 parts.
Prepared and retained as per Asava-Arishta nirmana vidhi.
METHOD OF PREPARATION :-
- Calculate the quantity of the drugs mentioned under DRAKSHASAVA in Yogratnakar and as per master formulary record of the pharmacy for the required batch and quantity.
- Accurately weigh the tested drugs from the raw material store, clean them and then pass through 20 and 30 mesh to discard foreign materials,Now again weigh the drugs and adjust their weight loss according to master formula.
- Clean the Pulveriser as per SCP (Standard Cleaning Procedure).
- Coarsely powder the drugs of above mentioned Yog.
- Clean the wooden fermentor with hot and cold water repeatedly 5 to 6 times with nylon brush and proceed as per SCP & tag it with its status.
- The required quantity of water to which sugar/jaggery as prescribed in the formula is added, boiled and cooled.
- The above mentioned water is then filtered and poured into the fermentation pot.
- Fine powder of the drugs already prepared by coarsely grinding the drugs mentioned in the formula are added in the fermentor.
- The container is then covered with a lid and the edges are sealed with clay-smeared cloth wound in seven consecutive layers.
- Maintain the room temperature from 25°C to 40°C for few days (Minimum 40 days or till the fermentation is completed).
- After completion of the fermentation, the lid is opened carefully and the sample for testing were withdrawn and after testing the batch, the whole liquid is again filtered, rejecting the lower 10 liters of the liquid.
- Seal and label the liquid in well cleaned bottles as per GMP mentioned in D&C Act 1940 and the rules made there under.
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS :-
b.)Taste:- Bitter & Sweet
c.)Smell:- Herbal fragrance with aromatic smell
15 to 30 ml. or as directed by the physician.
THERAPEUTIC USE :-
Increase appetite & an ideal tonic for patients suffering from anaemia. Also useful in patients with recurrent infections of cough, cold, Bronchitis, Asthama, Tuberculosis etc.
To be taken with equal quantity of water half an hour after meals twice daily or as directed by the physician.