NOTE:- THIS PRODUCT IS INCLUSIVE OF 5% GST.
NAME OF MEDICINE :-Arjunarishta
CLASSICAL REFRENCE :- Bhaishajayaratnavali-Hridyarogadhikara
FORMULATION COMPOSITION :-
Each 15 ml. contains:
Arjun chhal (Terminalia arjuna)-1 part, Draksha (Vitis vinifera)-0.5 parts, Madhukpushpa (Madhuca indica)-0.2 parts, Water for decoction-Q.S. (as per text reference), Reduced to-Q.S.(as per text reference), Guda (Jaggery)-3.80 parts, Dhatki pushpa (Woodfordia fruticosa)-0.04 parts.
Prepared and retained as per Asava-Arishta nirmana vidhi.
METHOD OF PREPARATION :-
- Calculate the quantity of the drugs mentioned under ARJUNARISHTA in AFI-I (1:32) and as per master formulary record of the pharmacy for the required batch and quantity.
- Accurately weigh the tested drugs from the raw material store , clean them and then pass through 20 and 30 mesh to discard foreign materials.Now again weigh the drugs and adjust their weight loss according to master formula.
- Clean the Pulveriser as per SCP (Standard Cleaning Procedure).
- Coarsely powder the drugs and pass all the drugs through shifter . Now boil the drugs and filter through muslin cloth.
- Clean the wooden fermentor with hot and cold water repeatedly 5 to 6 times with nylon brush and proceed as per SCP & tag it with its status.
- Filterate is then kept in the fermentor as per formulation.
- The remaining drugs are then powdered very finely and added to fermentor as per text.
- Maintain the room temperature from 25°C to 40°C for few days (minimum 40 days or till the fermentation process is completed).
- Take a sample for testing and after testing the batch for filling ,filter the clear upper portion of the liquid and reject the lower 10 litre of the liquid.
- Seal and label the liquid in well cleaned bottles as per GMP mentioned in D & C Act 1940 and the rules made there under.
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS :-
b.)Taste:- Bitter & Sweet
c.)Smell:- Herbal fragrance with aromatic smell
15 to 30 ml. or as directed by the physician.
THERAPEUTIC USE :-
Disorders of Cardiovascular system, Hypertension & Headache due to hypertension, Cardioprotective and Asthma etc.
To be taken with equal quantity of water or as directed by the physician.