NOTE:- This product is inclusive of 5% GST.
NAME OF MEDICINE :- INDRA VATI
CLASSICAL REFRENCE :- Rasendrasarasangraha-Prameharogadhikara.
FORMULATION COMPOSITION :-
Each tablet of 250 mg. contains
Ras sindoor (Red sulphide of mercury), Vang bhasma (Calcined stannum), Arjun chhal (Terminalia arjuna)-83.33 mg. (each of the above ingredients)
Bhavanarth dravya—Freshly prepared decoction of Shalmalimool (Salmalia malabarica)—Q.S. for mardana.
METHOD OF PREPARATION :-
- Calculate the quantity of the drugs mentioned under INDRA VATI as per text and as per master formulary record of the pharmacy for the required batch and quantity.
- Accurately weigh the tested drugs from the raw material store,clean them and then pass through 20 and 30 mesh to discard foreign materials.Now again weigh the drugs and adjust their weight loss according to master formula.
- Clean the Pulveriser as per SCP (Standard Cleaning Procedure).
- Coarsely powder the drugs of the above mentioned Yog.
- Ras sindoor mentioned in the Yog is taken in a khalva yantra and pounded well with gulab jal for 2-3 days after which coarsely powdered drugs and Vang bhasam are poured into the mixture machine alongwith Ras sindoor. Fresh decoction of Shalmli mool is then prepared as mentioned in Kasaya nirman vidhi and is also poured into the mixture machine and pounded well for atleast two to three days to make the homogenous mixture of the above ingredients.
- The homogenous mixture of the above ingredients is then taken out from the mixture machine and shifted to a transparent tray and allowed to dry in the sunlight after which it is pulverized in the pulveriser ,sieved properly and poured into the granulator.
- When the granules are prepared, it is then shifted to the punching machine to form the tablets of the required quantity.
- Take a sample for testing and after testing the batch, the tablets are released for packing.
- Seal and label the tablets in well cleaned plastic bottles as per GMP mentioned in D & C Act 1940 and the rules made there under.
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS :-
a.)Colour:- Redish Brown
1 to 2 tablets or as directed by the physician.
THERAPEUTIC USE :-
Useful in diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus, polyuria & best remedy for bed wetting in children.
To be taken twice in a day with water or as directed by the physician.